CHICKEN FRIED RICE
What is Chicken Fried Rice ?
Chicken Fried Rice is one of my favourite Chinese dish. It is a Chinese cuisine which is traditionally originated from china. There are lots of flavourful ingredients and sauce and spices which makes it more delicious. It’s quick and easy to make and customizable with any of your favourite mix-ins, and so irresistibly delicious.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST FRIED RICE :
Ok, lets get right into it. Here are the important things I have learned over the years about how to make the best fried rice.
1. Use cold Rice : It all starts off with cold day old rice. If u are like me and don’t always plan ahead make sure to cook your rice first and allow it time to completely cool in the fridge. Stir fried rice is best when it is made with cold rice. You can even cook the rice the night before. The longer the rice sits the better it tastes.
2. Vegetable oil .
3. Use of good and fresh vegetables.
4. Use high heat.
5. Use toasted sesame oil and oyster sauce.
5. Let the rice a bit brown on the bottom.
( This recipe is a great way to work in any leftovers. You can substitute any vegetables you have on hand You can also toss in chicken. )
Chicken Fried Rice Nutritional Facts :
Serving size :
Amount Per Serving
|Calories : 490||Calories from Fat : 95|
|% Daily value*|
|Total Fat : 10.6 g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat : 4.0 g||20 %|
|Cholesterol : 98 mg||33 %|
|Sodium : 622 mg||26 %|
|Potassium : 207 mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrates : 78.3 g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber : 5.6 g||22 %|
|Sugar : 2.9 g|
|Protein : 20.9 g|
|TIME||20 – 30 Min|
Ingredients For Fried Rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup of boneless , skinless diced Chicken breast.
- 1 whole Egg.
- 2 teaspoon of freshly chopped Garlic.
- 2 teaspoon of freshly chopped Ginger .
- 1 medium chopped Onion.
- 1/2 cup of shredded Cabbage.
- 1/4 cup of diced Carrot.
- 2 stick of shredded Green Beans.
- 2 piece of chopped Green Chilly.
- 1/2 cup of Green Peas.
- Half cup of Bean Sprouts.
- 3 sticks of Green Spring Onions.
- 2 cups of Cooked Cold Rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- M.S.G as required.
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce.
- 2 Teaspoon of Oyster Sauce.
1st Step :
Heat the oak in medium high heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and let it cook , approximately 5-6 minutes. Once cooked , remove the chicken and set aside and same as chicken add egg and fry it until cooked and set aside.
2nd Step :
In the same oak add the remaining oil and heat over medium- high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and saute it for 1 minute than saute chopped onion and green chilly for 1 minutes Now, add all vegetables ( Carrot, green beans, Cabbage, Beansprouts, Green peas, Green spring onions) along with oyster sauce and saute it for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender, now add chicken and egg and toss again.
3rd Step :
Now, add cooked cold rice along with salt and pepper , msg and toss again on medium heat for 2 minutes.
4th Step :
Finally add soy sauce and saute it for 30 second to combine . Now your chicken fried rice is ready to serve.
5th Step :
Serve on a plate or bowl, sprinkle some sesame oil and garnish with chopped corriander and chopped spring onion / Cucumber.