Everybody needs an extraordinary regular Spaghetti Bolognese formula, and this is mine ! The Bolognese Sauce is rich, thick and has wonderful flavour. It’s ideal for a speedy midweek feast however in the event that you have the opportunity to stew this Meat sauce several hours, you’ll treat it from appropriately delish to OMG this is amazing.!!
What is Spaghetti Bolognese ?
Spaghetti Bolognese is a traditional Italian Cuisine. It is a Pasta dish popular outside Italy, but not part of traditional Bolognese or even Italian cuisine in general. It consists of Spaghetti served with a sauce produced using tomatoes, minced beef, garlic, wine and spices. In some cases minced meat can be supplanted by other minced meats. In this sense the sauce is in reality more like Neapolitan ragu from the south of Italy than the northern Bolognese adaption of ragu. The sauce might be laid on top of the pasta or even served independently from it, leaving cafes to blend it in themselves.
I have been loyal to this Meat Sauce recipe since I first learned to cook when i was a teenager. There are 3 little things in this recipe that might be a bit different to Bolognese recipes you’ve seen around.
“The ultimate pasta recipe is total classic, delicious, and super easy to knock together. “
Nutritional Facts of Spaghetti Bolognese
1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
|618||15.6 g||37.6 g||2.4 g||12.3 g||78.5 g||78.5 g||5.7 g|
|31 %||22 %||75 %||40 %||14 %||30 %||30 %||28 %|
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 6 smoked bacon
- 2 sticks of fresh Rosemary
- 500 gram minced beef
- 150 ml Red wine
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 x 200 gm of tomatoes
- 2 x 400 tins of plum tomatoes
- 500 gm Boiled Spaghetti
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Bolognese Sauce ?
- Take a thick button sauce pan or fry pan and heat it than all olive oil.
- Saute the chopped onion , carrot and than after saute the chopped garlic
- Now add Bacon and rosemary and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced beef, breaking it apart with the back of spoon, add salt and pepper then cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to brown, then pour a wine and leave it to bubble.
- Now, add the tomato sauce with chopped celery and stir again, cover it with a lid and giving it a stir after 30 minutes- if it looks a little dry at this stage , add a splash of water to help it along.
- Cook the Spaghetti in boiling salted water, once the spaghetti is cooked, drain, reserve a mugful of cooking water, then return to the pan with a few spoon of bolognese , a good grating of parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finally toss to coat the spaghetti loosening with a splash of cooking water, if needed. and divide the spaghetti between plates or bowl and add a good spoonful of Bolognese to each, then serve with a fine grating of Parmesan cheese.
Difference between Bolognese and Meat Sauce ?
Different name for the same thing , you’ll find Bolognese made all sorts of ways all across Italy and all around the world, but essentially minced meat ( usually beef, sometimes combined with pork or veal) in a tomato based sauce flavoured with herbs.