What is Doughnut ?
Doughnut is a very popular sweet snacks or breakfast item or even can use in afternoon with tea or coffee. They are usually deep fried from flour dough, either ring shape or without hole in the middle. You can give various types of topping and even inject the pastry cream and fruit preserve inside the doughnut.
The two most regular sorts are the ring doughnut and the filled doughnut, which is infused with natural product like:- jam, cream, custard, or other sweet fillings. Then again little bits of batter are in some cases cooked as doughnuts might be frosted with a sugar icing, spread with icing or chocolate on top, or finished off with powdered sugar, cinnamon, sprinkles or natural product.
These Doughnuts are soft and sweet :- Flavored with little nutmeg, completely from starch, ready in about 2 hours, A fun and delicious, weekend project for sharing.
Nutritional Facts of Doughnut
Serving Size :-
Amount per serving
|% Daily value|
|Total Fat – 6 gm||8%|
|Trans Fat – 0.0 g|
|Saturated Fat – 0.7 g||5 %|
|SODIUM – 80 mg||5 %|
|COLESTEROL – 0mg||0 %|
|POTASSIUM – 100 mg||4 %|
|TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE – 23.8 gm||9 %|
|SUGAR – 9.2 g|
|DIETARY FIBER – 2.1 g|
Best ingredients for Doughnuts :
- 800 gm of Flour.
- 15 gm of Yeast.
- 150 gm / soft of Butter.
- 5 Nos of Eggs.
- 100 gm of Sugar.
- 250 ml of Milk.
- 10 gm of Salt.
- 10 gm of yeast.
- 10 gm of Gluten.
For Toppings :-
There are different kinds of toppings which we can add on the top of Doughnut. We can add the toppings as we like according to our taste / wish.
- Chocolate Frosting
- Vanilla Frosting
- Strawberry Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting :- For Chocolate Frosting you can use dark chocolate chips and for the better result you also need butter, water and a corn syrup for extra shine.
- Vanilla Frosting :- For Vanilla Frosting you need milk, melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Strawberry Frosting :- For Strawberry Frosting you will need a fresh strawberries, Sugar, and vanilla extract.
3 Doughnut Frosting
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 Doughnuts
Doughnut are easier to make than you think. You can make at you home, take your time and go through the recipe before beginning.
EQUIPMENTS : Dough machine, round cutters and tray rack
TIME : 1 Hour
USES : Breakfast and Hi-tea
▢ 1st Step :
- Add all the ingredients except milk to the mixing bowl, make sure yeast is not directly mixed with salt.
▢ 2nd Step :
- Slowly pour the milk to the ingredients to make the dough, knead for about 5 to 10 min. Dough should not be too firm.
▢ 3rd Step :
- Take out from bowl and give rest for few minutes
▢ 4th Step :
- Roll the dough in a rectangular form with 2 cm of height.
▢ 5th Step :
- Take two round cutters of 8 cm and 2cm in diameter, Start to cut with big cutter and make whole with small cutter.
▢ 6th STEP :
- Pre-heat the oil at 155 degree C and start to fry until golden brown on both side ,than remove from oil and keep on top of the rack tray, so access of the oil will drop under the rack.
▢ 7th STEP :
- Make any glaze you want : Whisk all the glaze ingredients together. Dip each warm doughnut (don’t wait for them to cool) into the glaze, making sure to coat both sides. Place back onto prepared rack as excess glaze drips down. After about 15 minutes, the glaze will set.
( You can store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1-2 extra days. )